Absolutely no coincidence this news comes out right after the election.
Of course, Pzifer announced less than a week after the election that its COVID-19 vaccine is 90% effective in the latest study.
Pfizer also said it would ask to put the vaccine on the market “if pending data indicate the vaccine is safe.”
You all knew this would happen.
Pfizer claimed the vaccine “demonstrated evidence of efficacy against COVID-19” on Sunday, November 8, 2020.
So the company only found out the evidence yesterday? Weird.
From Pfizer’s press statement:
- Vaccine candidate was found to be more than 90% effective in preventing COVID-19 in participants without evidence of prior SARS-CoV-2 infection in the first interim efficacy analysis
- Analysis evaluated 94 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in trial participants
- Study enrolled 43,538 participants, with 42% having diverse backgrounds, and no serious safety concerns have been observed; Safety and additional efficacy data continue to be collected
- Submission for Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) planned for soon after the required safety milestone is achieved, which is currently expected to occur in the third week of November
- Clinical trial to continue through to final analysis at 164 confirmed cases in order to collect further data and characterize the vaccine candidate’s performance against other study endpoints
Current projections show 2020 could have 50 million vaccine doses while 2021 could have 1.3 billion.
Pfizer claimed it was never part of the federal government’s Operation Warp Speed, which aimed “to begin delivery of 300 million doses of an FDA authorized, safe and effective vaccine for COVID-19 by the end of the year as part of a broader strategy to accelerate the development, manufacturing, and distribution of COVID-19 vaccines, therapeutics, and diagnostics.”
The federal government also promised a $1.95 billion incentive to the company that gives them 100 million doses after FDA approval.
Pathetic TDS push to say Pfizer vaccine had nothing to do with Operation Warp Speed but in fact OWS guaranteed Pfizer $2 billion. Having that guarantee was huge incentive to develop and get vaccine approved quickly. https://t.co/cYmxwoEUX2
— Legal Insurrection (@LegInsurrection) November 9, 2020
Even if Pfizer never took money from the government it is obviously motivation. Also, don’t deny your participation in Operation Warp Speed when there’s evidence from a July press release:
For context, here is Pfizer’s July press release related to the agreement it worked out with the U.S. government through Operation Warp Speed.https://t.co/YVbA4XFB3P https://t.co/TfhzUSfqRN pic.twitter.com/uCllzhXrb8
— Jerry Dunleavy (@JerryDunleavy) November 9, 2020
It says so at the very beginning:
Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) and BioNTech SE (Nasdaq: BNTX) today announced the execution of an agreement with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Department of Defense to meet the U.S. government’s Operation Warp Speed vaccine for COVID-19 in 2021. Under the agreement, the U.S. government will receive 100 million doses of BNT162, the COVID-19 vaccine candidate jointly developed by Pfizer and BioNTecg, after Pfizer successfully manufactures and obtains approval or emergency use authorization from U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
The CEO stated that Pfizer was “pleased to have signed this important agreement with the U.S. government to supply the initial 100 million doses upon approval as part of our commitment to address the global health threat.”
I see people replying to Jerry’s tweet that it was all about distribution, not research and development.
Um, Pfizer plainly said in July that it is part of Operation Warp Speed. But whatever.DONATE
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.