Trump’s right. Lesley Stahl discredited herself in this interview.
President Donald Trump released a 38-minute video of his interview with 60 Minutes journalist Lesley Stahl in order to prove it was nothing more than a “vicious attempted ‘takeout’ interview of” him.
It’s really disgusting.
I know a few journalists like to play devil’s advocate, like John Stoessel, but Stahl comes off as a condescending know-it-all snob. Stossel does it well and we know he’s not doing it to take shots at the subject.
Hunter Biden’s Laptop
Stahl repeated leftist talking points about Obama’s administration spying on Trump’s campaign and the emails found on Hunter Biden’s computer:
“I wish you would interview Joe Biden like you interview me,” Trump said, complaining that while his November opponent undergoes a massive scandal implicating corrupt ties to Chinese businessmen, the news media asks former Vice President Joe Biden what kind of ice cream was purchased during a campaign stop.
“He’s in the midst of a scandal,” Trump continued, before being cut off by Stahl.
“He’s not,” Stahl interrupted. “He’s not. No.”
“You’re like Big Tech. You’re protecting him,” Trump said, going on to outline several of the questionable transactions recently revealed by Senate investigators and the New York Post in recent weeks to a defiant Stahl. “Do you think it’s okay for the mayor of Moscow’s wife to give him millions and millions of dollars? … Do you think it’s OK for Hunter Biden to say we’re giving the ”Big Guy’ 10 percent of this massive amount of money?”
The FBI confirmed it’s been investigating the laptop since 2019. Tony Bubolinski, one of Hunter’s associates, confirmed that the emails published by The New York Post are genuine.
Gov. Whitmer Kidnapping Plot
Then Stahl really tried to tie Trump to the kidnapping plot against Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer:
Piquing Trump’s rage, Stahl attempted to tie him to a foiled plot to kidnap Michigan Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, citing his harsh criticism of her COVID-19 lockdown policies.
“You want to lock her up,” she said.
“Of course not,” Trump shot back. Stahl insisted, however, that Trump had said so at a recent rally.
“Lesley, it’s such a vicious thing that you just said. I never said lock up the governor of Michigan. I would never say that. Why would I say that? Because she’s doing lockdowns?” he said.
I guess Stahl forgot that the men behind the plot also hate Trump. Here’s the thing about anarchists. Real anarchists, not the ones out on the streets, despise authority no matter the party.
Spying on 2016 Campaign
Trump brought up the Obama spying on his campaign. Stahl said that CBS cannot air anything that is unverified:
“The biggest scandal,” Trump said however, “was when they spied on my campaign.”
Stahl dismissed the claim.
“There’s no real evidence of that,” Stahl responded, telling the president that the network would not be airing anything it “can’t verify.”
“You won’t put it on because it’s bad for Biden,” Trump said.
Um, Carter Page, anyone?
CBS’s response lacks the self-awareness you would expect from the establishment. 90% of it is bragging about the supposed importance of 60 minutes while the other 10% tried to defend Stahl.
— Fin Gómez (@finnygo) October 22, 2020
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.