Wuhan Coronavirus Watch: The “healthy should not enter the land of the epidemic and the afflicted should not exit from it”
As my son begins his now 3-week-long Spring Break, I will begin my report with some good news for our European friends:
After years of urging its terrorists to attack major European cities, ISIS is now advising them to steer clear due to the coronavirus, according to reports.
ISIS’ al-Naba newsletter contains “sharia directives” urging its healthy members not to enter “the land of the epidemic” to avoid becoming infected, the New York Post reported Sunday.
But any sick jihadists already in Europe should stay there — presumably, to sicken infidels, the paper reported. The Sunday Times of London first reported on the newsletter, according to the paper.
The “healthy should not enter the land of the epidemic and the afflicted should not exit from it,” the ISIS newsletter advises, according to the Post.
State Department summons Chinese ambassador over ‘blatant’ disinformation campaign on COVID-19
When the day comes that the coronavirus problem has been resolved, the Chinese government is going to have the same regrets that Japanese Admiral Yamamoto did in the aftermath of Pearl Harbor.
There is no amount of propaganda that is going to change the origin of this pandemic.
The State Department on Friday summoned the Chinese ambassador after a spokesperson with China’s foreign ministry suggested the U.S. military might have brought coronavirus to Wuhan — where the outbreak first emerged last year.
A senior State official told Fox News that Assistant Secretary for East Asian and Pacific Affairs David Stilwell called in Chinese Ambassador Cui Tiankai over China’s “blatant, global” disinformation campaign on the novel coronavirus.
It’s unclear whether other statements might have been discussed at the meeting. But it comes after foreign ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian wrote on Twitter: “When did patient zero begin in US? How many people are infected? What are the names of the hospitals?”
Zhao went on to suggest that it “might be [the] US army who brought the epidemic to Wuhan.”
The only contributions the US brings to this pandemic are likely to be the vaccine, new drug manufacturing facilities, and substantially altered supply chain networks.
Gov. Newsom issues executive order allowing CA to take over hotels for coronavirus patients
Meanwhile, in California, Governor Newsom has signed an executive order to take over hotels to convert them to hospital wards.
California Gov. Gavin Newsom released a sweeping executive order on Thursday that allows the state to commandeer hotels and medical facilities to treat coronavirus patients and permits government officials to hold teleconferences in private without violating open meeting laws.
Newsom issued the order hours after he called for the cancellation of gatherings of 250 or more people through the end of March, marking the first time he has applied so-called social distancing practices to the entire state of California.
“This is where we need to go next, and to make sure we fully implement those procedures and protocols to slow down the spread to get through a peak and to get through the next few months, so we don’t overwhelm our healthcare delivery system,” Newsom told reporters.
NYC Mayor De Blasio calls for “nationalization, literally, a nationalization of crucial factories and industries.”
While Newsom plans to commandeer hotels, New York City Mayor Bill De Blasio has more ambitious plans.
In this video clip, De Blasio told host Joy Reid that pandemic made the “case for a nationalization, literally, a nationalization of crucial factories and industries that can produce the medical supplies to prepare this country for what we need.”
— Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) March 14, 2020
The Demographics related to US Coronavirus Deaths
As the American press reports the news related to the Wuhan Coronavirus deaths, it will be good to keep the demographics in mind. Here are the current numbers:
So far, at least 49 people in the United States have died from COVID-19. Basic demographic information from local health authorities — age, gender or both — is available for 42 of the deaths. Among those, at least 24 were women and 18 were men. This stands in contrast to data from China, where a majority of deaths were in men.
In the U.S., of the cases for which there is data, only one person who died was in their 40s, while two people died in their 50s. Seven people were in their 60s, nine people in their 70s, 13 people in their 80s and 10 people were in their 90s.
This means the vast majority of deaths so far are among people older than 70, which matches roughly with data emerging from Italy, China and other countries hard-hit by COVID-19.
I sense the number of recoveries will be under-reported. Here are 3 from Maryland that actually made the news.
US Air Force Academy begins dismissing cadets
USAFA joins other institutions around the country suspending classes until the viral “all clear” is given.
The Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs on Friday said it will dismiss a large segment of its 4,000 cadets due to concerns about the spread of COVID-19 on campus.
Officer Training School at Maxwell Air Force Base in Alabama said that it is pausing operations due to a possible case of COVID-19 on its campus.
…The academy said that “multiple members of our base populace” are being monitored for coronavirus, which led to the decision to conduct an “orderly dismissal.” The academy did not immediately respond to questions about how many cadets would be dismissed, and how the cadets would return home or to other locations.
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.