The people who allegedly engaged in rioting on Inauguration Day 2017 in Washington, DC just scored more victories. The message being sent to the left is loud and clear.

Keith L. Alexander reports at the Washington Post:

Prosecutors dismiss three additional cases in Inauguration Day riots

Federal prosecutors announced late Friday they were dismissing three additional rioting cases against defendants in the 2017 Inauguration Day protests of President Trump.

The dismissals came a day after D.C. Superior Court Judge Robert E. Morin ordered seven cases to be dismissed against defendants who were charged in the Jan. 20, 2017, riots after determining the lead prosecutor intentionally misrepresented information and withheld evidence from the defense.

Late Friday, prosecutors said they planned to dismiss charges in the three remaining cases that were scheduled to go to trial this week.

Prosecutors dismissed the charges of engaging in a riot and two counts of destruction of property for Phillip Glaser, Christian Valencia and Arturo Vasquez. Prosecutors also dismissed Glaser’s additional charges of resisting arrest and assault on a police officer. Morin had already dismissed the conspiracy to riot charge against the three on Thursday.

All of the charges were dismissed with prejudice, which means they cannot be reinstated by prosecutors.

On Monday, another defendant was cleared. Ryan J. Reilly of The Huffington Post:

Jury Finds Yet Another Trump Inauguration Protester Not Guilty Of Felony Charges

A jury found a defendant arrested on President Donald Trump’s inauguration day not guilty of rioting charges on Monday, another setback in the Justice Department’s attempt to convict protesters of felonies stemming from property destruction in the nation’s capital as Trump took office.

Casey Webber was one of more than 200 people arrested en masse after black-clad demonstrators smashed windows in downtown Washington. Prosecutors originally charged more than 200 people with felonies in connection with the destruction. But after a jury acquitted the first group of defendants on all charges, prosecutors in January dropped charges against 129 other defendants, saying they’d instead focus on a “core group” of 59 defendants they said were most responsible for the destruction…

April Downs, a lawyer representing Webber, told HuffPost after the verdict that she believes the government should never have brought a case against her client.

“He is a Quaker, and he acted like one throughout,” Downs said. “He was completely non-violent and always acted that way and spoke that way.”

This tweet from Reilly is also rather troubling:

Why are we even bothering to prosecute these people? None of them will be punished.

See our prior coverage: