A knife-wielding Islamic terrorist shouting “Allahu akbar” attacked several people in Paris, France, killing one and wounding at least four more people.  He was shot dead by police at the scene.  ISIS has claimed responsibility for the attack.

The BBC reports:

A knifeman has killed one person and wounded four in a suspected terror attack in central Paris, French officials say.

The attacker was then shot dead by police in the Opéra district. Witnesses say they heard him shout “Allah Akbar”.

So-called Islamic State (IS) later said one of its “soldiers” had carried out the attack on Saturday evening.

Judicial sources told French media the attacker was a man born in 1997 in the southern Russian republic of Chechnya.

The sources said his parents had been held for questioning.

Interior Minister Gérard Collomb said the victim of the attack was a 29-year-old man, but gave no further details.

The attacker began stabbing passers-by at about 21:00 local time (19:00 GMT) on the rue Monsigny.

Eyewitnesses described him as a young man with brown hair and a beard, dressed in black tracksuit trousers.

The man tried to enter several bars and restaurants but was blocked by people inside. Police arrived at the scene within minutes.

They first tried to stop the assailant with a stun-gun before shooting him dead.

Watch the report:

The dead Islamic terrorist was known to French police and was in “a nationwide database of thousands of people who had suspected links to radicalism.”

ABC News reports:

The man behind a deadly knife attack in central Paris was born in Chechnya and had been on police radar for radicalism, French authorities say.

The attacker was shot dead by police after stabbing a 29-year-old man to death and injuring four others, among them a citizen of China and another of Luxembourg, in a lively neighbourhood near the Opera Garnier on Saturday night.

Authorities said the man was heard shouting “Allahu Akbar”.

The assailant had been on a nationwide database of thousands of people who had suspected links to radicalism, according to a judicial official.

The AFP is reporting that more than 245 people have died in terror-related attacks since the 2015 Charlie Hebdo attack.

From the AFP report:

Here is a recap of jihadist attacks that have killed more than 245 people across France since the 2015 Charlie Hebdo shootings.

– 2018 –

– March 23: Gunman Radouane Lakdim killed four people in the southern towns of Trebes and Carcassonne, including policeman Lieutenant-Colonel Arnaud Beltrame who was hailed as a hero for taking the place of a hostage.

Lakdim was shot dead by police after a stand-off.

– 2017 –

– October 1: A 29-year-old Tunisian cries “Allah Akbar” and kills two young women with a knife at the main train station in the southern city of Marseille.

Ahmed Hanachi is shot dead by soldiers on patrol. His attack is claimed by the Islamic State (IS) group.

There are a lot more, so click over for the full list.