Image 01 Image 03

Democrat Profs Outnumber Republicans in Religion Departments by 70 to 1

Democrat Profs Outnumber Republicans in Religion Departments by 70 to 1

“and that wasn’t the worst disparity”

This actually makes a lot of sense. It helps explain why so many religious programs have drifted so far left.

PJ Media reports:

Democrats Outnumber Republicans 70 to 1 in College Religion Departments, 10 to 1 Overall

There are more than ten Democrats for every one Republican among elite professors at America’s top liberal arts colleges, a new study found. Worse, Democrats outnumber Republicans by 70 to 1 in religion departments, and that wasn’t the worst disparity.

Mitchell Langbert, an associate professor of business management at Brooklyn College, examined the party affiliations of 8,688 tenure-track, Ph.D.-holding professors at 51 of the top 60 liberal arts colleges in U.S. News and World Report’s 2017 rankings, and found that there were 10.4 times as many Democrats as Republicans. This sample proved far from complete, since 37.8 percent of professors are either not registered to vote or not registered with a specific party, but the study did show a rough litmus test of political opinion at top colleges.

“The political registration of full-time, Ph.D.-holding professors in top-tier liberal arts colleges is overwhelmingly Democratic,” Mitchell wrote in an article reporting his findings to the National Association of Scholars.

Worse, 39 percent of the colleges he surveyed had not one Republican on the faculty. The political registration in the remaining 61 percent proved slightly more than zero but nevertheless “absurdly skewed against Republican affiliation and in favor of Democratic affiliation.” At Williams College in Williamstown, Mass. — ranked number 1 by U.S. News and World Report — Democrats outnumbered Republicans by 132 to one.


Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.


This makes sense given my recent encounters with graduates of Duke Divinity School. They are so far left, at times I wonder if we are reading the same Bible.