Hamas mourns 5 of its members, including senior commander, while at least 10 killed are confirmed terror group members
Hamas organized a “March of Return” to storm the Gaza border with Israel. Tents were set up for thousands of people near the border.
As usual, Hamas used women and children as human shields for military operations.
The military leader of Hamas was blunt about the objective being to breach the border:
Hamas leader Yahya Sinwar joined mass protests along the Gaza border Friday, warning Israel that it should take heed of the tens of thousands of Palestinians demonstrating for the right to “return” to Israel.
In a fiery message, Sinwar called on those “besieging” the Gaza Strip to “recalculate” their position and absorb the message emanating from the protest.
If they are hungry, the people of the Gaza Strip will “eat the livers of those besieging” the coastal enclave, Sinwar warned, using an Arabic idiom that means to take revenge on someone….
The “March of Return,” Sinwar added, ” affirms that our people can’t give up one inch of the land of Palestine. The protests will continue until the Palestinians return to the lands they were expelled from 70 years ago.”
The Hamas Al Qassam Brigade tweeted how children were brought out as part of the event.
A Palestinian propaganda “news” outfit, Quds News, also celebrated the involvement of children:
(added) The leader of Hamas has honored the boy in the image above and praised the participation of children:
(added) I saw these photos circulating on Twitter, but didn’t originally include them in the post because I couldn’t verify the location and time. But now I have. The Palestinian Maan News Agency posted these photos of Hamas leaders marching holding a child. It’s obvious why. For leadership to expose themselves in the wide open like this would be dangerous, so they held a child as a human shield. The man with the white beard appears to be Hamas security chief Tawfiq Abu Naim. The man holding the child appears to be Hamas Interior Minister Fathi Hamad, recently designated by the U.S. as a “Global Terrorist.”
Many in the crowd of approximately 20-30,000 surged towards the border, chanting to kill the Jews.
Hamas used the cover of women and children to try to infiltrate terror cells into Israel. This video, released by the IDF, shows one such infiltration attempt that was stopped:
As the events unfolded, and the crowds attacked the border fence and Israeli soldiers at the border, over a dozen people reportedly were killed (I’ve seen numbers from 15-18). The international media, as it did in 2014, simply took Hamas officials’ media directives to portray the people killed as innocent civilians, and accepted without question inflated injury numbers.
Here are 15 of the people killed. Notice they are all military age men, despite the photo proof that there were many women and children in the vicinity.
It already has been documented that most of the killed were Hamas operatives or members of other terror groups:
Here is the current known list, which almost certainly will grow (via IsraellyCool)(note, transliterations from Arabic for names can vary):
- Masab Salul, a 23-year-old resident of Zuwayda, a member of the military wing of Hamas. Carried out a shooting attack against IDF forces along with another terrorist in the northern Gaza Strip.
- Sari Abu ‘Odeh – 28 years old, resident of Beit Hanun, Hamas military activist in the Beit Hanoun Battalion, active in Nohba.
- Jihad Farina, 35, resident of Sheikh Radwan, commander of a company in the military wing of Hamas.
- Ahmad ‘Odeh, 19 years old, resident of Gaza City, Hamas military activist in the Shati Brigade.
- Hamdan Abu ‘Amseh, 25, a resident of Beit Hanoun, a Hamas operative.
- Mahmoud Rahmi, 33, a resident of Saja’iya Turkman, a Hamas activist.
- Muhammad Abu ‘Amru, 27, a resident of Saja’iya Turkman, a Hamas military operative in excavating terror tunnels.
- A’ Fatah ‘Nabi, 20, resident of Beit Lahiya, active in the military wing of Hamas.
- Ibrahim Abu Sha’er, 29, a resident of Rafah, a global jihad activist.
- Jihad Zuhair Salman Abu Gammus – 30 years old, resident of Bani Suheila, an activist of of the terror group al-Aqsa Martyrs’ Brigades.
(Image via IDF Spokesperson Twitter)
Hamas’ Al Qassam brigade announced the death of 5 of its members, including a senior commander, on its website:
Here are some of the photos Al Qassam posted honoring its martyrs:
It’s notable that one of the Hamas members killed, Mohamed Abu Amr, is being portrayed on social media as a gentle sand artist:
Here’s the Qassam Tweet about him:
Once again, Hamas expertly plays the international media, some of which is corrupt and biased, the rest of which is lazy. A.F. Branco summed up the media bias perfectly in 2014:
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.