“details about her condition were not immediately available”
Years ago, college students would dare each other to swallow goldfish. At least those are edible.
FOX News reports:
Utah State University student hospitalized after eating Tide Pod, latest in dangerous online craze
A Utah State University student was rushed to a hospital Saturday after ingesting a Tide Pod, the latest incident from the social media craze that’s motivated teens to dare each other to eat the miniature, neon, detergent-filled pods.
Campus police initially called the incident a “Tide Pod overdose,” but Eric Warren, director of media relations at USU, told FOX 13 Salt Lake City the female student ingested a Tide Pod.
Warren said it was unclear what motivated the student to ingest the Tide Pod while in on-campus housing, but added, “For students and members of our university who are feeling overwhelmed, we have services available. There are people here to talk to you.”
The female student was taken to a local hospital, but details about her condition were not immediately available.
The incident comes after doctors warned people earlier this month not to eat the laundry pods due to health concerns. The warning was sparked by social media posts and online videos of people participating in the “#TidePodChallenge” that involves eating the pods and filming the reaction.
“I look at memes every day; they can be very fun, but they can also be very harmful,” USU Student Donald Ray Corwin told FOX 13. “I just think it’s a very present culture. In our society, it’s unfortunate that happened, but i can see it’s an evident problem.”
There's more to the story … The student newspaper removed their story about the student and tweeted this … https://t.co/0TRSrTs4OX
The school also asked the SLC Fox station to take down their story and said this had nothing to do with the current trend re: Tide pods
— Seattle Six (@SeattleSix) January 23, 2018
Featured image via YouTube.DONATE
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.