Most Read
Image 01 Image 02 Image 03

Utah State Student Hospitalized After Eating Tide Pod

Utah State Student Hospitalized After Eating Tide Pod

“details about her condition were not immediately available”

Years ago, college students would dare each other to swallow goldfish. At least those are edible.

FOX News reports:

Utah State University student hospitalized after eating Tide Pod, latest in dangerous online craze

A Utah State University student was rushed to a hospital Saturday after ingesting a Tide Pod, the latest incident from the social media craze that’s motivated teens to dare each other to eat the miniature, neon, detergent-filled pods.

Campus police initially called the incident a “Tide Pod overdose,” but Eric Warren, director of media relations at USU, told FOX 13 Salt Lake City the female student ingested a Tide Pod.

Warren said it was unclear what motivated the student to ingest the Tide Pod while in on-campus housing, but added, “For students and members of our university who are feeling overwhelmed, we have services available. There are people here to talk to you.”

The female student was taken to a local hospital, but details about her condition were not immediately available.

The incident comes after doctors warned people earlier this month not to eat the laundry pods due to health concerns. The warning was sparked by social media posts and online videos of people participating in the “#TidePodChallenge” that involves eating the pods and filming the reaction.

“I look at memes every day; they can be very fun, but they can also be very harmful,” USU Student Donald Ray Corwin told FOX 13. “I just think it’s a very present culture. In our society, it’s unfortunate that happened, but i can see it’s an evident problem.”

UPDATE:

Featured image via YouTube.

DONATE

Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.

Comments

Some people just don’t understand that winning a Darwin Award is NOT an honor!

    DM in reply to irv. | January 23, 2018 at 9:51 am

    Says something about the quality of students getting into colleges. They evidently lack not just intellect but taste buds. Perhaps drano pods would do the trick, because Tide Pods just aren’t cleaning/clearing the gene pool fast enough.

    PODKen in reply to irv. | January 23, 2018 at 6:53 pm

    Depends on where you are on the evolutionary scale …

“For students and members of our university who are feeling overwhelmed, we have services available. There are people here to talk to you.”

This sounds like a very expensive way to say, “don’t eat that thing.”

Call it evolution in action.

Eating a Tide Pod should be an automatic disqualifier for College.

“You ate a Tide Pod? Sorry you’re too stupid to stay in college. Here’s a McDonalds application. Try not to dunk your head in the fryer.”

Warren said it was unclear what motivated the student to ingest the Tide Pod

As far as I know, the motivator for such kind of acts is usually stupidity.

“Tide Pod overdose” … that’s rich!

Font Resize
Contrast Mode
Send this to a friend