Life’s a Beach Week at College Insurrection
Your weekly report from the world of higher education.
Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 09:00am 9 Comments
Just as summer is about to kick off, something very strange happened at Santa Monica College.
Anything goes, these days.
- Ontario University Adds ‘Another Gender Identity’ Option to Application
- New Website Helps You Graduate Debt Free With A ‘Sugar Daddy’
- Harvard Hires Iranian Regime Supporter as Visiting Scholar
Well, almost anything…
- Court Blocks Religious Colleges in New Jersey From Receiving Grants
- Some Colleges Make Faculty Submit to Political Purity Tests
- California Targets Religious Colleges Over Trans Rules
The fall of DePaul.
- DePaul University Silences Conservative And It Backfires
- DePaul President Likens Campus Protesters To D-Day Soldiers
- DePaul Professor Resigns Because She’s Offended by Milo Yiannopoulos
No surprises here.
- Stanford University Fellow Says Sanders’ Fans Don’t Think
- Millennials Turning Toward Socialism But Don’t Know What The Word Means
- Angelina Jolie to Teach Gender Studies at London School of Economics
- University of Missouri to Spend $1 Million on Diversity Audit Despite Budget Shortfall
- Princeton Students Demand Faculty With Learning Disabilities
Read more campus news at College Insurrection.
Featured image via YouTube.
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.
Those “ecosexual” hippies are really whacked out. How can they possibly function in normal society? We need more insane asylums ~
Now we know where the homeless people come from in California…
Rumor has it that these guys played at the reception:
I’m reminded of when one of the actresses in Sesame was expecting, they had a poll to find out what their audience actually knew about marriage and all that, and decided to hold a story arc where her character got married to one of the other characters when they discovered that most of their audience though you could marry your dog.
I guess this is a thing now.
we’re a special kind of 5t()()p1d here in #Failifornia…
As a native Santa Monican who just finished a couple of classes at Santa Monica College, I feel compelled to defend these free-spirited, beautiful people against you hateful right-wingers. Y’all need to understand:
The first step to jumping the shark is to marry the ocean.
LukeHandCool (who, as a young boy, played on this very spot of the beach, just south of the pier. The nice building you see behind the beautiful people is the old Del Mar Beach Club, where Luke’s family were members.
It’s also close to where The Groovy Show was filmed, where Luke and his siblings and friends would watch famous 1960s bands lip sync their songs, and then late in the afternoon Luke and the gang would watch the taped show at home on TV to see if they could spot themselves in the audience.
Crazy antics, games and contests took place on The Groovy Show … but Luke doesn’t remember any mass weddings between participants and the ocean ever taking place. The future turned out to be quite unlike Luke envisioned at that time. Progress.)
The Groovy Show:
i too grew up in the Lost Angels area, but no where near the beach…
i demand reparations!
back in the 60’s there were (per pics I have seen too young to know myself) some fairly pretty (ie less ugly) hippies at least.
not even less ugly works…
My favorite day on this blog.