Most Read
Image 01 Image 02 Image 03

Hillary Clinton Seems Confused About How Venn Diagrams Work

Hillary Clinton Seems Confused About How Venn Diagrams Work

Venn Diagrams, how do they work?

https://twitter.com/RobProvince/status/700492241089880064

Self-professed Democratic presidential shoo-in, Hillary Clinton, is confused. Again. This time, her confusion stems from the most basic charts in all of chartdom — the Venn Diagram.

Friday, Clinton’s official account tweeted an anti-second amendment Venn Diagram, only it’s not a Venn Diagram:

The first little chart every kid learns in school (if they still teach such things) is the circular Venn Diagram. Its intended purpose is to illustrate possible or likely similarities between various data sets or traits. They’re painfully simple, which is why Clinton’s misuse of such a basic little chart is both mock and cringeworthy.

In Clinton’s bastardization of the Venn Diagram, Americans and Gun Owners are presumed to be different… when they’re actually the exact same data set.

How they should work:

402961e15d4988a075d4d6225a9d9c30

Or like this:

6282c603f4ce65b42326843f299406e7

HOW DO YOU MESS UP A VENN DIAGRAM? HOW?!?!?!

giphy

Our last hope?

Why do we have to discuss this? Because 2016 is the most ridiculous election cycle in the history of humankind ever.

Follow Kemberlee on Twitter @kemberleekaye

DONATE

Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.

Comments

Practical application of Venn diagrams:

https://youtu.be/OKFS9lHvf9g

If Her Thighness says it’s Venn diagram, it’s a Venn diagram. How dare you have the audacity to question Sir Edmund!

If you look carefully at the photo of her, she displays two striking examples of Venn diagrams, though it appears that they’re slightly crossed!

90% of Americans WILL agree with Hillary Clinton…. or join the other 10% in re-education camps. While she claims she was named after Sir Edmund Hillary…. the only resemblance would be the outward effects of hypoxia or altitude sickness.

    Paul in reply to alaskabob. | May 20, 2016 at 4:05 pm

    You’re getting ahead of things there Bob. They can’t put us in re-education camps until AFTER they seize all the guns. Which is the whole point of seizing the guns.

    There’s a wonderful little town just down the road from here named Gonzales, Texas. And their city slogan is “Come And Take It.” Or as I prefer to say, “Fuck you gun grabbing progressive scum.”

      alaskabob in reply to Paul. | May 20, 2016 at 4:19 pm

      Alaska will be a tough nut to crack. The two top talk show morning hosts…. one is “the most heavily armed talk show host in Alaska” and the other has “Firearms Friday”.

      Following along with Lower-48 docs on CME trip…. local meet and greet in Fairbanks…. question to local docs…”see many gunshot wounds?” Answer…”we have bear guns… you are either alive or dead… not wounded.” That was after “do you see many arrow and harpoon injuries?” I have seen one harpoon injury from a Kotzebue whaler.

      Once in elevator with 5 lawyers… of the 6 of us.. 4 were NRA Lifers.

        Reminds me of the time I asked a German doctor if they saw a lot of injuries due to the unrestricted speeds on certain portions of the Autobahn. He replied, no, not too many injuries. Fatalities, yes, injuries, not so much.

        –Andrew, @LawSelfDefense

In her defense, Hillary can neither remember or recall having created the alleged diagram. She would happily check her email to find out who created it but, on the advice of her lawyers, all those emails were deleted. Anyway, non-venn Venn diagrams are absolutely permitted.

It was probably caused by Republicans, refusing to allocate more money for gun diagram control. And anyway, what difference, at this point, does it make?

On the other hand, we could probably claim she’s doing it right.

With the groups listed outside the cross-over region, her version says that 90% of Americans and 83% of gun owners DON’T support universal background checks.

I can agree with that. 😉

    That would be the correct interpretation of that Venn diagram. Her graphics designer just allowed too much overlap for the circles.

    –Andrew, @LawSelfDefense

If we spot her the mistake regarding gun owning Americans, her diagram still would appear to show that somewhere south of 45% of Americans and somewhere south of 42% of gun owners support background checks.

    legacyrepublican in reply to bigskydoc. | May 21, 2016 at 12:31 am

    Given the way she keeps losing primaries, I am sure Hillary sees numbers very much south of 50% as an overwhelming majority.

Gun control? We need Clinton control.

Cut Cankles some slack. She was under heavy sniper fire while composing her tweet.

nordic_prince | May 21, 2016 at 1:18 pm

Hillary’s brain is the intersection of rationality and progressive policies – in other words, the empty set ~

Font Resize
Contrast Mode
Send this to a friend