Remedial Civics Week at College Insurrection
Your weekly report from the world of higher education.
Saturday, March 5, 2016 at 08:30am 1 Comment
Some college students could use a refresher course on what the Supreme Court does.
What could be causing this deficiency in basic knowledge?
- Swarthmore College Plans New ‘Social Justice’ Requirement
- University of Maryland Students Want to Use Class Time for Protests
- U. Michigan Creates Safe Space for Students Afraid of Feminism Debate
Surely, our professors aren’t to blame.
- Oberlin Professor Claims Israel Behind 9/11 and ISIS
- Prof Makes ‘Constitutional’ Case for Democratic Socialism
The higher ed bubble looms…
- Students Protest Closing of Mattia College
- University of Louisiana at Monroe Students Protest Budget Cuts
- Chicago State University Prepares to Lay Off 900 Employees
Conservatives on campus.
- College Republicans at Oklahoma University Contest Mandatory Diversity Training
- Northwestern University College Republicans Invite Katie Pavlich
- There’s No ‘Safe Space’ For Conservatives on Campus
Another campus hoax.
Of course he does.
Read more campus news at College Insurrection.
Featured image via YouTube.
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.
How about giving a civics lesson to Trump, so he might learn that judges don’t sign “bills”; that our military is obligated to refuse orders to commit war crimes or any other illegal actions, regardless of what a stud the president thinks he is; that the Speaker of the House has more constitutional authority in domestic matters than the president, even if the president warns that the Speaker will “pay a price” if he doesn’t “get along”; etc.
It would be nice, too, if Trump actually knew what’s in the policy papers that his flacks put on his website, so his flacks wouldn’t have to tell us what Trump really “believes.”