It was quite a week for politics in higher ed. Who would you say has the best party on campus?
- Audience Nearly Empty at DNC Event for College Democrats
- President of College Democrats Threatened With Impeachment Over Support for Israel
- New Hampshire College Republicans Hand Out Hillary Proof Scissors to Journalists
- Republicans Introduce Bill to Strengthen Due Process Rights for Students
Let’s not forget the Green Party.
Some colleges had an expensive week.
- Valdosta State U. Settles Free Speech Case With Student for $900K
- $900K Settlement at Valdosta State is Being Paid by Another Party, not the University
- College Loses $1.5 Million Bequest Over Poor Treatment of Nobel scientist
Others are having serious PR problems.
- U. New Hampshire Language Guide Says the Word ‘American’ is Problematic
- Arizona State Has the Lowest Graduation Rate in the Nation
- Spelman College Terminates Professorship Endowed by Bill Cosby
People in prison got some good news this week.
- New Effort Rises to Bring College to American Prisons
- Obama to Make Pell Grants Available to Prisoners
Update from the Department of Gender Studies.
- Students Now Have Six ‘Gender Identity’ Choices on UC Admissions Applications
- At San Diego City College, Man Dressed as Woman Sexually Assaults Man
- Indiana University-Bloomington Lets LGBT Students Self-Segregate in Their Own Dorm
- Campus Sex Assault Study Cited by White House Debunked
- Campus Rape Expert Has Trouble Answering Questions About His Sources
- College Administrator Group Pleads for No New Campus Sex Assault Legislation
For extra credit, compare and contrast the following:
- Wabash College Works to Improve Minority Graduation Rates
- Minority Students Harder Hit by College Loan Debt
- University of Phoenix Under Federal Investigation
- University of Delaware Has a Due Process Problem
- Donald Trump Faces Lawsuits Over Now Defunct ‘Trump University’
Thanks for reading College Insurrection!DONATE
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.