Academia may have lost its sense of humor but we still have freedom of speech.
Then again, maybe we don’t have free speech.
- Prof Who Criticized Hamas is Vilified by His University
- Crazy Speech Codes are all the Rage at the University of California
- Campus Speech Codes Causing Political Disengagement Among Some Millennials
The Charleston shooting was in higher education news this week.
- Report Says Dylann Roof Planned to Attack a College
- Employees of Two Colleges Among Those Killed in Charleston Attack
- U. of Texas Considers Removing Vandalized Statues of Confederate Generals
And it produced the hottest of hot takes.
- U. Michigan Prof Blames ‘Right Wing Jews’ for Charleston Shooting
- U. Maryland Prof Blames “American Sniper” for Charleston Shooting
- Prof Suggests Charleston Killer Won’t be Called a Terrorist Because He’s White
Here’s an update from the Gender Studies department.
- Women’s Studies Prof Calls for ‘Men Control’
- Student Recruited for Harvard Women’s Swim Team Changes Gender
- Indian Law School Uses ‘Mx’ For Students Who Don’t Identify as ‘Mr.’ or ‘Ms.’
And now, a lesson in finance.
Higher ed bubble update.
- Universities Across Alabama Raising Tuition
- Students Try to Save Small Massachusetts College From Closure
- Green River College Faculty Union Embroiled in Bitter Battle Over Budget Cuts
One college might have escaped.
- Sweet Briar Saved as Settlement is Reached
- Sweet Briar College Lives to Educate Another Day
- Loyal Alumni Make it Difficult for Colleges to Close
Compare and contrast.
- Either the College Board is Lying or the SAT is 30 Percent Too Long
- After Administering the Test with Bad Instructions, College Board Will Offer SAT for Free
All leftism, all the time.
- Columbia University Divests From Prisons
- Outstanding California Teacher Suspended for Reading Huck Finn Aloud in Class
- Some Marquette Faculty Members Protest Covering of Banner Dedicated to Cop Killer
Did you know you can do this without paying $60,000 per year in tuition?
Thanks for reading College Insurrection!
Featured image via YouTube.DONATE
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.