Your weekly dispatch from the world of higher education.
A shocking story from Marquette University made headlines this week.
- Marquette University Honors Cop Killer With Mural
- Public Outrage Causes Marquette University to Remove Mural of Cop Killer
- Marquette Fires Official Who Greenlit Cop-Killer Mural
The other story that dominated the news was the ‘Mattress Girl’ of Columbia.
- Mattress Girl Brings Mattress to Columbia University Graduation
- Posters Appear Around Columbia Calling Mattress Girl Emma Sulkowicz ‘Pretty Little Liar’
- Columbia ‘Mattress Girl’ saga continues as another allegation is toast
There was no shortage of leftism in other corners of academia this week.
- College Diversity Officer Could be Fired for Tweeting ‘Kill all White Men’
- Arizona State Students Say ‘Walk Only’ Zones Are Ableist
- Bill Nye Gets $35K to Talk to Rutgers Students About Global Warming
There was also a strange incident at Kennesaw State.
- Kennesaw State Student Accused of Harassment While Waiting for an Advisor
- Kennesaw State Adviser Who Accused Student of Harassment Placed on Leave
No surprises here.
- Bernie Sanders Introduces Free College Tuition Bill
- Bernie Sanders’ Free College Tuition Plan Won’t Work
Since we have an election coming up…
Compare and contrast.
- Washington Post Says Conservatives Give Better Commencement Speeches Than Liberals
- Did Pres. G. W. Bush Give the Best Commencement Speech Ever?
I’m in the wrong business.
- Former Yale President Gets $8.5 Million Payout
- Smallest Ivy League School’s Current and Former Leaders Make Big Money
Watch out for those wacky professors.
- Prof’s Workshop Taught in High Schools Teaches Students to Support Hamas
- Northeastern Prof Worried That Tsarnaev Execution Will Be Expensive
- U. Texas at Austin Prof Says Americans are ‘Unable to Handle Gun Ownership’
Higher ed bubble update.
- Ohio State’s Largest College Has $10 Million Budget Gap
- Entire Class Drops Out of University of Southern California MFA Program
- Grim Job Prospects Await the Class of 2015
Who needs the Ivy League?
- Columbia Student Complains About Going to An Ivy League School
- Student Accepted to All Ivy League Schools Chooses University of Alabama
No one was surprised but them.
Thanks for reading College Insurrection!
Featured image via YouTube.DONATE
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.