Unconstitutional Expulsion Week at College Insurrections
Your weekly dispatch from the world of higher education.
In the explosive case of the SAE fraternity at the University of Oklahoma, no one is defending what the students said.
But Eugene Volokh says the resulting expulsions were unconstitutional.
Of course, decisions have consequences. Students at UC Irvine found that out this week.
- UC Irvine Students Vote to Remove American Flag from Campus Lobby
- American Flag Ban Vetoed at UC Irvine
- UC Irvine Students Apologize for Banning the American Flag
Free speech continues to be an issue on campus.
- Marquette University Wins FIRE’s Speech Code of the Month
- Get the New ‘Guide to Due Process and Campus Justice’ from FIRE
- Pat Condell on Progressives and Free Speech on Campus
And the left is still active.
- Pro-Life Messages Vandalized at the University of Missouri
- The Progressive Practice of Rewriting History on Campus
- U. Wisconsin Campus Paper Filled With Anti-Scott Walker Op-eds
- LGBT Group at George Washington U. Tries to Get Conservatives Labeled as Hate Group
- Flashback: Multiple College Newspapers Called Officer Darren Wilson a Murderer
- UC Berkeley Dean: Academic Freedom Makes Students Feel Unsafe
Big news followed by bad news.
- California is Home to America’s First Accredited Islamic College
- Outspoken Anti-Israel Activist Works In Administration of New Muslim College
Check out this new history lesson from Prager University.
- Victory: Charges Dropped Against Pro-Israel Ohio U. Students
- University of California Student Association Votes to Divest From Gun Companies
The higher ed bubble continues to grow.
- Public Universities in Ohio Accrue Debt for Facilities
- Girl Gets Into Her First Choice College, Finds Out it’s Closing
- Obama Administration Creating Student Loan Complaint System
- TSU Women’s Basketball Game Ends In Bench Clearing Brawl
- Georgia’s Band Couldn’t Make It, So The Aggies Stepped In
- NCAA Penalizes Syracuse For Decade Old Violations
The Second Amendment on campus.
- Campus Carry Means Giving Guns To Rapists? That’s What These Anti-Gunners Say
- Al Jazeera Has An… Interesting Take On Campus Carry
- Campus Carry Bill Introduced In Montana
Thanks for reading College Insurrection!
Featured image via YouTube.
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.
Do universities or their funders have rights of speech?
They should sue.
They are still asshats, but asshats deserve free speech.
This is further proof of the end of Privacy. Now you and I are no longer entitled to have an unpopular opinion or say rude or stupid things in private because of the cell phone. What in the hell is going to become of the American way of life if what you say among friends or between individuals, once thought private, is now possible fodder for the insatiable electronic media? If anything I think that the 1st amendment should be even more widely pushed into every facet of our society. Especially on campus’ where only the PC liberal view is tolerated. Of course what these stupid college kids was insulting and wrong but how about “Hands up- Don’t shoot”? Which caused the most harm to humans and property? When I grew up I was reminded that “Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me”. I think we should go back to that motto and live accordingly.
How is it that they can’t kick out Ward Churchill for calling the 9/11 victims “little Eichmanns” but can kick these students out?