Completely Clueless Week at College Insurrection
Your weekly report from the world of higher education.
Do you know who won the Civil War? If so, you’re smarter than some students at Texas Tech.
Kangaroo courts and rape culture.
- How do Colleges Train People to Judge Campus Sex Offense Cases?
- Survey Wrongly Suggests 1 in 6 MIT Undergraduates Have Been Sexually Assaulted
- Progressive Hypocrisy on Campus Rape and Rotherham
- Being for Due Process on Campus Does not Equal Misogyny
- ‘Abortion Heroes’ Celebrated at UNC-Wilmington Event
- Disturbing Number of College Students Support “Post-Birth Abortion”
- San Diego State Students Call for School to Ditch “Offensive” Aztec Warrior Mascot
- Elementary School Handout Calls the Presidents on Mt. Rushmore Racist
- Sorority Cancels Fundraising Event Because it Offended a Few People
- NYC Hatchet Terrorist Was a Former Columbia Grad Student
- Purdue Student Commits Suicide After Being Convicted of Murder
- Farmingdale State College Professor Beheaded by Her Troubled Son
The BDS movement is still right at home on campus.
- Tufts University Hosts Students for Justice in Palestine to Train Others in Activism
- Anti-Semitism Still Rampant in Higher Education
Teacher unions are so easily offended.
But maybe they should address their own problems first.
- Teacher Arrrested for Bringing Brass Knuckles, Meth Pipe to School
- Substitute Teacher Arrested for Sex With Student on First Day at Work
- Ohio University Senate Has No Idea How to Implement $15 Minimum Wage They Voted For
- Prager University – What’s the Right Minimum Wage?
Courses you’re expected to pay for…
- University of Pennsylvania Offers Course Called “Wasting Time on The Internet”
- College Lecture: Does Rap Music Espouse Conservative Values?
Does the word Catholic even mean anything anymore?
- Notre Dame University to Host ‘Gay in Christ’ Conference
- Students at Catholic Fordham University Demand Free Condoms
All leftism, all the time.
- National Association of Scholars Reading Assignments Are All About Progressivism
- UCSD Students Protest Eviction of Campus Che Guevara Cafe for Failing to Pay Rent
Is this a better way to spend your college tuition money?
Thanks for reading College Insurrection!
Featured image via YouTube.
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.
My answer to the Who was Bradd Pitt married to before? was Some other Whore.
I’m sorry, but what did Jennifer Aniston do to you which would cause you to insult her that way?
With geniuses like this running around Texas, I can see why Windy [sic] Davis can poll in the double digits. I really was wondering who these idiots were, not that I can sleep better now.
The really sad part to me is that these are not stupid kids.
Texas Tech is not an easy school to get into, compared to many.
What is sad is that our system has so failed these kids. In a lot of colleges and universities, it will continue to fail them WORSE than at Texas Tech. And with a lot more money invested and a lot more status when they graduate.
Not knowing who won the Civil War is … racist
I know, I know!! (waving hand wildly in the air), it was the Broncos and the Seahawks! The Seahawks won!
What a sad commentary on the state of our nation.
American public education at its best.
And this is the intentional result.
You are exactly right!
If America shall ever exist in the mode of Free Bread & Circuses In Exchange for Subservience & Stuff®, then it is essential and vital for citizens to embrace popular culture and idiotic ideas over “outdated” concepts like the Social Contract, inalienable rights and freedom.
Once we are totally dumbed down, we will believe anything and question nothing. Things like Hope & Change, fairness, social justice and “a living wage” become the stuff of grandiose ideas. Suddenly, a kakistocracy becomes indistinguishable from what we vaguely remember as a republic.
Stupid people are docile. Sheep never rise up.
PSA for Voting-Age College Liberals
Obama’s Iran Plan Makes Tuesday’s Vote A Critical Global Event!
If Obama’s plan to make a deal with Iran in his 2nd-term is true, then the mid-term election on Tuesday takes on even greater significance in terms of the safety of the world!
Read more at The Political Commentator here: http://politicsandfinance.blogspot.com/2014/10/obamas-iran-plan-makes-tuesdays-mid.html
Republicans, Conservatives, Libertarians, Independents and Fed-up Democrats Get Out And Vote On Tuesday!
And Get Your Friends, Family and Co-Workers Out As Well Because We Have All Learned The Hard Way That Elections Have Consequences!
OK, on the one hand I’m hoping this has been edited to show the dumb masses only.
On the other hand, these questions are so elementary that even if these ignoramuses represent just 10% of college students, then what an indictment of the concept of our education system, and the college admissions process!
Republics fail when people are apathetic, and moral relativism seeps into society. The lack of shame for being an ignorant ass, or a slut or a druggie, and elevating fringe behaviors like homosexuality (at most 4% of the population) show that our society is in decline.
That this level of ignorance is tolerated by voting-age “students of higher ed” is really pathetic, but a clear harbinger that our republic is doomed. Unless we get our heads out of our asses and turn it around! Long live Legal Insurrection!
I’m not surprised that TC wouldn’t comment on the hatchet man grad student. Columbia doesn’t even like to admit that TC is across 120th street.
I agree with everything said so far.
Out of curiosity, who did win the Civil War anyway?
The Scots/Irish. Always.
I think it was the Democrats. Fursur not those teabaggers!
Just out of curiosity…what are they doing to fill the kid’s time in elementary schools, these days? How to be a good little liberal?
Those “Politically-Challenged” interviews are totally useless unless we know how many Texas Tech college students were interviewed.
Was what we saw culled from 10 interviews, 20, 50? We have no idea.
I have no doubt that many college students are as ill informed as the ones in the video. But how many? Are they a majority? If we knew how many students were interviewed we may have a clue.
When the questions on popular culture were asked, we saw students who weren’t asked the political questions. You have to wonder how many students were interviewed.
If a leftist group went on the campus of Hillsdale college, I’m sure they could put together damning interviews to make the students look ill informed. It may take them 100 to get 5 interviews they’d use. But they could do it. And that’s my point.
Remember this: it takes idiots to elect idiots.
Until we take back our schools, we’ll have generations of idiots voting, until the idiots finally vote away the right to vote.
I found that video to be profoundly depressing. And they VOTE.
Reason number 9,463 why I homeschool. (BTW, my twelve year old daughter missed several. She had no idea who “Snookie,” “Brad Pitt,” or “Angelina Jolie” were. Yay, me.)