Saddle up, pilgrims.
I’ll take John Wayne over Duke University any day. Oh, and speaking of Duke…
Young Americans are catching on.
- A bright future? NYT says teenagers might grow up to be conservatives
- Poll Says Millennials Find Government Inefficient and Abusive of Power
- Princeton Student to Obama “I Want My American Dream Back”
Maybe this has something to do with it.
There was plenty of sports news this week so let’s get right to it.
- Redskins Game at UMN Could Cause Campus-wide Protests
- University’s Football Clinic for Women Offends Feminists
- University Changes Fight Song To Make It More Inclusive
There was also some union news.
- Union Severs Ties to United Negro College Fund for Accepting Donation from the Koch Brothers
- College Football Players at Northwestern Trying to Unionize
- No unionization of scholarship athletes, say college presidents
- Down with Duncan: Nation’s largest teachers’ union wants Education Secretary to resign
And now a pop quiz.
Who says higher education skews left?
- Bias Report Prompts Alarm at University of Colorado
- Freshmen Reading Lists Consist Exclusively of Liberal Books, Study Finds
- Universities battling for Obama presidential library
Rape culture update.
- New York Times Runs Letter About Rape Culture by College Insurrection Contributor
- Are Colleges Capable of Trying Sexual Assault Cases Fairly?
- Feminist Ad Campaign Smears Top Universities with ‘Rape Problem’
- Campus Rape Crisis Figures May Not be Accurate
False alarm everyone…
Putting the high in higher education.
- Marijuana Major: New school teaches exclusively about pot
- University of Arizona Drops Prof who was Studying Use of Marijuana for Vets With PTSD
Just after July 4th…
Higher ed bubble update.
- For-profit Corinthian Colleges to sell most campuses
- New Hampshire May Freeze University Tuition for Four Years
- Report Examines College Grads’ Employment Experiences in Years After Recession
Keep the faith.
And remember to laugh.
Thanks for reading College Insurrection!
Featured image via Wikimedia Commons.DONATE
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.