A roundup of weekend links to catch up on stories you may have missed.
- A few updates on the Bergdahl story, on various topics and from various points of view…
- From the NY Times, As Bowe Bergdahl Heals, Details Emerge of His Captivity
- From the Washington Free Beacon, Rogers: Gitmo Release Has ‘Empowered the Taliban’ (* See video below)
- From FOX News, Qatar may prove comfortable quarters for released Guantanamo detainees
- From Bloomberg Businessweek, Kerry Calls Threats of Freed Taliban ‘a Lot of Baloney’
- From CNN, FBI: Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl’s parents have received threats
- Another executive order… from Politico, President Obama to order help for student loan debtors
- “That’s something you can’t unsee”… from The Blaze, One School’s ‘Horrific’ Sex-Ed Photos Are Outraging Parents
- Speaking of things you can’t unsee… from Reuters, Thousands of naked bicyclists stage festive Portland protest ride
Said one ride spokesman, “”This is a party, but it’s also a protest…It is about oil dependence, cycling vulnerability and body” image.” That’s quite the mashup of causes.
* Video from story above, via Washington Free Beacon
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.