When journalists descended on Sochi last week, many took to Twitter to express their dismay at the state of their hotel rooms. While their conditions are hardly ideal- yellow water, bees in the honey, and more- they are certainly providing entertainment for audiences back home.
Here are six of the most horrifying #SochiProblems that make me feel especially thankful that I am in the US, where there is clear water, working doors, and toilets that flush the paper.
Side note: while many Sochi fakes have come out, we believe these (unfortunately) to be real.
1. Managing editor – sports for Yahoo! Canada, Steve McAllister, was locked inside his room:
2. Olympic bobsledder Johnny Quinn seems to know exactly how to handle that sort of situation:
3. Meanwhile, ABC News correspondent Matt Gutman found a bee in his honey. Yum?
4. I’m sure nothing could be more reassuring than arriving back at your hotel room and finding it like this:
5. Some creative plumbing is also going on in Sochi, that’s for sure:
6. We saved the best for last- this water doesn’t seem suspicious at all, right? Bottoms up!
Bonus round: It seems that Obama is not the only one with website troubles!
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.