Speech codes, tolerance and dollars week at College Insurrection
Saturday, January 4, 2014 at 11:35am 0 Comments
It’s hard to keep up with rules pertaining to speech at schools these days.
- University of West Alabama Wins The FIRE’s Speech Code of the Month
- FIRE taps Troy U. and Virginia State U. as 2013 Speech Codes of the Year “Winners”
Or words that are just tiresome.
Or what’s tolerated or not.
Sometimes even the schools can’t decide.
Other times it’s hard to tell what’s even real.
On another topic, schools and students both are still tackling debt and budget issues.
- Plenty of Debt and No Degree
- Colleges Cut Bloated Staffing Budgets
- U. of Michigan tries to slash costs, but meets faculty opposition
- Colleges Pursue Free Market Finance Solution: Tie Presidents’ Raises to Results
Some proposals have their critics.
But look at the amazing things some students can do, and at a minimal cost.
(Featured image credit: h/t FIRE; Webb Hall on UWA campus – Panorimo User Gameday)
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.