Wild stuff going on:
- BREAKING: Obama White House Describes West Bank as Part of Israel, yeah, you know, that place where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found. Money line: “The Dead Sea Scrolls, one might say, are written by settlers.”
- Most pretentious and self-unaware statement ever (okay, maybe not ever, but when you click on the link and find out the speaker, you will understand): “I’m a non-fiction guy living in a non-fiction world.”
- Noted loose cannon loses it: “Freaking Whores“.
- Big time atheist not willing to go along with Islamist insistence of sex-segregation at university debate, and university shockingly agrees. (h/t Cassie in Tip Line)
- Law Professor gone wild! I can’t blame him for thinking these protesters were loons, but he went too far when he initiated physical contact (not 100% clear from videos) — as slight as it was, it gave them the publicity they want. From the Oregon student newspaper (more here) :
Several videos displaying an argument between Olmsted and students protesters started to make the rounds on social media late Thursday evening. The videos show different angles of a heated altercation between him and a student he pushed out of the way.
According to the YouTube descriptions, the videos take place near the EMU amphitheater at a mock border check-in organized by Students Against Imperialism — a group in support of equitable treatment along the United States-Mexican border, which recently combined with the group, Students for Palestinian Liberation.
It is unclear how the dispute started and ended, as both videos capture only the middle of the quarrel.
Update — in response to a comment from eosredux:
Liberals seem to find Portman’s “I have a gay son” argument less thoughtful than Obama’s “I have gay friends” reasoning
— John McCormack (@McCormackJohn) March 15, 2013
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.