All gassed up for Election Day
I took a picture of the message on this Tahoe yesterday at the corner of Washington and Live Oak in Dallas, Texas.
There are four big signs like these in eastern NC that I know of. These two are near Kinston NC, there is another like this also near Kinston and the “seals stopped one threat to America, it’s up to us to stop another in November” near Rocky Mount. (could not get pics of those)
Also this morning I saw an SUV (Wilmington NC) with the entire back window with the obama o saying “o shit change it back.”
I know a lot of people who voted for o, but I only know of one who plans on voting for him this time. I just really don’t know where these pollsters keep finding Americans who are predisposed to reelecting o.
As always, thank you for all the work you do in the cause for freedom.
From Rich, sign on gas pump in South Lyon, MI:
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.
Name the decade since the 1970’s that gasoline was less than $2.00 per gallon in California and I will buy you one meal at Chick-fil-a.
Oh, that’s right, I remember now, I said California.
Good bye, Barry!
The first one to….
I mean. Thanks, Professor.
sign on gas pump in South Lyon, MI .
Not surprising that … I’ve always had South Lyon down as one of the neatest (albeit undiscovered) small towns in Michigan. 🙂
I’ve been sticking Post-It notes on gas pumps since last spring, reminding people of Bambi’s statement that energy prices “will necessarily skyrocket” under his plan.
Hey, if a politician keeps a promise, we should point that out (since it’s so rare).
I put up my last note when I tanked up Saturday. 😀
Obama had nothing to do with gas prices when he took office. No President does. Oil prices are set on the margin and at that point in time reflected a depressed world economy. Please do not argue with me because I am correct in this. If the world economy were growing at 4.5% + today, we would be facing oil prices in excess of $125 per barrel. Just search “GDP growth and oil prices” and you will find plenty to read.
I won’t argue with you.
I’ll just point out you are full of crap.
One of the SEVERAL things a president can do to raise or lower gas prices is increase or decrease the regulatory burdens associated with putting gasoline at the pump.
Of course, devaluing the currency has the affect of making it appear that fuel prices are higher. Like now.
It is a shame you are voting tomorrow because you do not have a clue. I don’t like idiots be they liberal or conservative. You do not deserve a vote tomorrow.
I voted many days ago, moron. I hope that just eats at your insides.
So you disagree with Obama, who blamed Bush for high gas prices in 2008, then?
That was one lying MOFO, huh? Shame he fooled so many people, isn’t it?
Schmuck! If Obama would open the federal lands for drilling and not restrict building new refineries, gas prices would drop.
I guess hatred for the black man in office DOES make people racist and stupid. NO President has control over the gas prices!
you could spend 100s of millions of dollars on the gas problem and nothing would change. You can’t blame someone for something they can’t change and if he/she spends money your going to yell at them for A, spending money, and B, for the prices not changing!
1) The price of gas consists of the price of gas plus a federal tax of over 18%. A president could do something about that, no?
2) As bad as a doubling of the price of gas is, it is made truly horrific by chronically high unemployment, near zero economic growth, and the coming high costs of emissions mandates. The price of anything is relative to one’s income – if one HAS an income, something that is diminished by Obama’s policies.
3) There is a reason we haven’t built oil refineries to produce more gasoline from crude oil, whether imported or domestic. A president can change those reasons, thereby changing the pricing mechanisms.
4) I could go on, but am quite sure you are incapable of understanding or accepting any of it.
I don’t think you Obama supporters can even talk about the weather or who won the Sunday NFL games without invoking race. You know what that is? It is racism.
Did you go to troll school, get a degree and everything? If so, you should ask for your money back.
“you (sic) could spend 100s of millions of dollars on the gas problem and nothing would change.”
1. You could spend nothing at all, let the markets work, and SOLVE essentially any problem we have that touches economics.
2. You COULD…and HAVE…WASTED 100s of millions of dollars on Delusional Energy. And we all know you WILL if allowed to in the future.
I hope you will join with us in deploring this racist attack on the integrity of the voting process…
but will not hold my breath.