Forbes contributor, Larry Bell, released an article late last night entitled, “Pants On Fire: Obama Administration Scrambles for Cover as Benghazi Lie Explodes.”
The article, drawing on reports from CNN, reveals a picture the Obama administration is desperately trying to sweep under the rug.
President Obama’s foreign policy is an absolute disaster.
Moreover, the things the Obama administration has told the American people in the days since September 11th reveal either gross incompetence, or willful deception. Perhaps, even, a combination of the two. [Emphasis added]
For more than a week after the Benghazi attack, the Obama administration which pledged to be the “most transparent administration in history”, continued to maintain a ruse that the outbreak of violence was nothing more than a spur-of-the-moment protest in response to the offensive video. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton repeated the fiction, and White House press spokesman Jay Carney told us all that there was “no evidence” that this was a “preplanned or premeditated attack.”
An October 2nd CNN report disagreed. It revealed that the administration repeatedly sent out talking points that contradicted top intelligence officials and sources for the network on the details of what caused the attack. It also said that: “CNN has learned tonight that the White House chose to leave out key intelligence from the attacks on Americans in Libya. There are three things U.S. intelligence has now confirmed to be true: the attacks were preplanned, terrorist attacks, and the work of Al-Qaeda- linked groups. None of these three points were in talking points distributed to congress and other government officials. U.S. intelligence knew of the al-Qaeda link within 24 hours of the attacks. And the now infamous comments by U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice that the attacks were not preplanned and not the work of terror came four days after that. This doesn’t add up.”
In addition to absolutely no evidence that the attack was connected to any objectionable video, information released in a letter from Representative Darrell Issa to Secretary of State Clinton shows that the situation in Libya had been deteriorating for months. It reads: “Based on information provided to the committee by individuals with direct knowledge of events in Libya, the attack that claimed the ambassador’s life was the latest in a long line of attacks on Western diplomats and officials in Libya in the months leading up to September 11, 2012.”
This is unacceptable behavior from a sitting administration. By any objective viewing of the facts, the Obama administration has deliberately misled the American people in an attempt to shield their claims of foreign policy superiority from scrutiny in the months leading up to the election.
What’s more, as Bell points out, this is no isolated incident. The shooting at Fort Hood, the 2009 Christmas Day bomber, and the assassination attempt on the Saudi Ambassador in D.C. all have links the al-Qaeda network.
Yet this reality contradicts the narrative President Obama has been pushing about his foreign policy experience, so the acts were said to have been singular and uncoordinated incidents of violence.
Bell notes this connection.
Finally, carefully contemplate what Obama said in his speech before the Democratic National Convention: “My opponent and his running mate are new to foreign policy. But from all that we’ve seen and heard they want to take us back to an era of blustering and blundering that cost America so deeply.”
Is it possible that the past blustering and blundering he referred to is really his own, and that we might truly be ready for new foreign policy leadership after all?
The American people don’t deserve to be jerked around by the Obama administration just so it can save face.
We deserve better.DONATE
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.