with such ease and confidence:
Notice that support for the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, the first legislation President Obama signed in 2009, is now equated with support for women’s equal pay. Thus do liberals constantly ratchet the country in a leftward direction, declaring every piece of legislation sacrosanct and daring conservatives to contradict them.
Romney should accept the invitation. The Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act is a terrible law that arguably diminishes opportunities for women.
The Times and surrogates for Obama (but I repeat myself) invoke the Ledbetter Act as if it marked some sort of milestone in anti-discrimination law. Hardly. Congress outlawed sex discrimination in wages nearly a half century ago with the Equal Pay Act of 1963, and then expanded those protections with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978, and the 1991 amendments to the Civil Rights Act.
- Joel Pollak has a bright future in journalism, muckraking, maybe even politics. What about in music, you ask. Ummmm … Ummmm … Ummmm.
- They love to denigrate women, and they vote.
- Obligatory — cake cutting sparks outrage at color of cake cut, not at practice of forced female genital mutilation…. Related: Museum bomb threat (h/t Zack).
- Mack really running such a terrible campaign?
- Those Danes, beating helpless protesters again.
- Last hitchhike, via Common Cents:
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.