I’d rather sit in the dark.
That’s my sense of today:
- Secret Service agent scandal gets worse with allegations of cocaine use, and here is a headline which tells us this drama will play out for a while: Escort Recounts Quarrel With Secret Service Agent.
- Image of the Day, via @iowahawkblog.
- State Dept official allegedly, allegedly, got something on the roof of the Baghdad embassy, and there are videos.
- Tina Brown, who has done as much as anyone to cheapen and diminish journalism, attacks Andrew Breitbart. Brown’s recitation of the Shirley Sherrod tape typically is misinformed and wrong.
- Dewhurst must be really, really worried about Ted Cruz to put up a website like this one. I may have to endorse Cruz, not that it will make a difference.
- Blowing oneself up into pieces is just another day. Soldiers getting photographed with those pieces is an outrage, apparently (and generates a lot of web traffic for the newspaper publishing the photos).
- Taunting soldiers and trying to provoke a reaction is just another day, but when one is provoked and pushes back with a rifle butt (that’s pushes, not swings or shoots), it is an outrage apparently (and generates a lot of web coverage for the taunter).
- This doesn’t look right to me, maybe staged; the people hitting the piñata look too young to be in college.
- Greg Sargent wants Dem donors to wake the hell up, because Obama may not be the billion dollar candidate after all.
- But, have hope, there is light:
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.