- If this PPP poll is accurate (and you know I have a concern about PPP), then the negative ads being run against Newt are having a big effect in moving Newt lower and Ron Paul higher. I’d like to see some more before jumping to conclusions, since two polls released today show Newt maintaining a large national lead. Mitt Romney may find he’s attacking the wrong person, as a big loss to Ron Paul in Iowa will hurt him, Rich Lowry calls it Romney’s “doomsday scenario.” (UPDATE: Another poll just released by Insider/Advantage shows Newt way up in Iowa, but it was done by a polling firm run by someone who used to work for Newt, so let’s wait for the bigger polling firms before reaching any conclusions.)
- ACLU threatening suit against Wisconsin over voter i.d. law as state announces it will accept Adolf Hitler and Mickey Mouse signatures as valid unless challenged.
- Trump will not host Newsmax debate. Not clear whether debate moves forward without him. (added) The Donald’s statement is here.
- NY Times Sunday cover (?) – The Anti-Obama — makes Newt look like devil (via RightScoop)
- Mark Levin offers Michael Savage $100,000 if Savage drops show (via DanRiehl)
- more to follow
- Major Garrett: At Drake debate, Newt served Romney “Cinnabon … with cold milk“
- It may be time to start giving Ron Paul some scrutiny. The other candidates and commentators treat him with kid gloves because they don’t want to deal with his supporters attacking them.
- David Axelrod keeping it classy talking about Newt: “Just remember, the higher a monkey climbs on a pole, the more you can see his butt.” (h/t to commenter)
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.