It’s all about the message:
President Obama’s senior political adviser David Plouffe said Wednesday that people won’t vote in 2012 based on the unemployment rate.
Well no, of course it will not be about unemployment, considering the numbers continue to look dismal:
U.S. employment growth ground to a halt in June, with employers hiring the fewest number of workers in nine months, dousing hopes the economy would regain momentum in the second half of the year.
Since the election will not be about unemployment, let’s try to guess what it will be about:
- The national debt? Nah.
- Annual budget deficits? Nah.
- The rise of Islamism in formerly friendly nations? Nah.
- The stifling of U.S. energy production through excessive regulation? Nah.
- Obamacare? Nah.
Just what will the 2012 election be about in the gospel according to Plouffe?
Let me guess:
- Children’s safety versus corporate jet owners.
- Saving Grandma from being thrown over the cliff.
- Pulling us out of the ditch.
Any other suggestions?DONATE
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.