Will they now start calling Harry Reid an “extremist”?
- Greg Sargent, who never met a Sharron Angle rumor he couldn’t spread: “Reid basically threw the whole Dem caucus under the bus.” [Insert All-Purpose Democratic Party Quote here]
- Steve Benen, who never lets “extremist” get separated in a sentence from “Sharron Angle”: “I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised — courageous stands are rarely rewarded by voters in competitive contests — but it’s nevertheless disappointing to see Reid make the wrong call.”
- Glenn Greenwald: “Make sure you donate to Reid’s campaign, as it’s absolutely vital that this Good Democrat wins!”
- Jed Lewison at Daily Kos: “It’s one thing when local politicians express their views, but Reid has no business inserting himself here.”
- Crooks and Liars: “Want to tell Harry that he needs to smarten up? Contact him here.”
- The Alan Colmes: “By claiming he’s supporting the First Amendment while trying to have it both ways, Reid is performing an act of political cowardice.”
- Joan Walsh of Salon.com: “Harry Reid… A Tower Of Jello”
- Sharron Angle:
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.