The Kentucky state police announced that the death of Bill Sparkman was an elaborate suicide made to look like a murder so that Sparkman’s son could collect on his insurance policy. Robert Stacy McCain has all the details and updates.
I’ll let others delve into all the sordid facts. What I want are some apologies from all the left-wing blog ghouls who danced on Bill Sparkman’s grave hoping to score points by blaming conservatives for the death, as detailed in my post Ghouls Preparing To Dance on Sparkman’s Grave.
The theory went that right-wing concerns over government power incited anti-government violence. Here are the bloggers specifically quoted in my prior post pushing this agenda:
- Think Progress,
- Steve Benen,
- Andrew Sullivan,
- Crooks and Liars,
- Richard Benjamin,
- Mark Kleiman and
- No More Mister Nice Blog, among many.
I’ll be following these blogs to see who owns up to their smears. And I’ll let you know.
UPDATE: What others are saying:
- Michelle Malkin: When will the Left retract the Kentucky census worker case smear?
- Sister Toldjah: Breaking: KY investigators say Census worker likely killed himself
- JammieWearingFool: Census Worker Killed Himself and the Credibility of Leftwing Bloggers
- DaTechGuy: Bill Sparkman, Haditha and Duke all over again
- American Power: Bill Sparkman’s Death Ruled Suicide: Meanwhile, Deafening Silence on the Radical Left?
- Jack Blood: Take it back Rachel Madcow! – Kentucky Census Worker Killed Himself
- Allahpundit: Census worker murdered by conservatives not actually murdered by conservatives
- Matthew Moynihan: Send the Body To Glenn Beck!
- Matt Welch: Remember That Census-Worker Murder, the One Michele Bachmann Was Supposed to Apologize For?
- McCain follow up: “Where do to the people of Clay County go to get their reputation back?”
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.