The New York Times has run an advertisement on its front page for the first time ever. What a precious moment, made all the more poignant by the fact that the ad was from CBS television.
So the dying NY Times breaks with tradition to run an ad by the dying CBS. Is there any better example of mainstream media inertia? There are so many possibilities to haul out all the old cliches:
- It takes one to know one
- If you’re in a hole, stop digging
- Birds of a feather flock together
- The acorn doesn’t fall very far from the tree
- Damned if you do, damned if you don’t
- Bet your bottom dollar
- All for one, and one for all
Any other cliches that would fit the bill?
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.