Remember when the media told us the Nice, France, truck terrorist was just a lone wolf, a psycho with no allegiance to or motivation by either Islam or ISIS?

Just a wild and crazy guy who happened to load up a truck with weapons and drive it through a crowd celebrating Bastille Day, killing several dozen people?

Well, it’s not turning out that way. The media’s “lone wolf” appears to be part of a wolf pack.

Even CNN can’t hide the “radicalized” part of Mohamed Bouhlel, though it still presents him as being a depressed loser:

A picture is slowly starting to form of what led Nice, France, attacker Mohamed Bouhlel to carry out the deadly terror attack in the Mediterranean resort city.

French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said Saturday there were indications the attacker had been “radicalized very rapidly.”

CNN learned Sunday that Bouhlel sent a text message shortly before Thursday’s attack to an unknown recipient saying, “Bring more weapons 5 to C,” according to a representative for the Paris prosecutor’s office….

But Bouhlel does not appear to have launched the attack in a sudden fit of anger. The fact he rented the truck three days beforehand suggests it was premeditated, as does the symbolic date chosen: July 14, the French national day, when thousands gather on the Promenade des Anglais in Nice to witness the fireworks.

A source close to the investigation told CNN that local associates of the Nice attacker detained for questioning have told interrogators that Bouhlel started speaking supportively of ISIS days before the attack. Four of his associates were arrested late Friday and early Saturday in Nice.

Bouhlel also appears to have scouted the location days before:

Possible accomplices already have been arrested:

Suspects range from two Albanians suspected of supplying a pistol to Bouhlel, and others whose phone numbers appeared on the phone.

Another man, 37, arrested in Nice on Sunday is suspected of supplying arms to the killer after reportedly receiving messages saying: “Bring more weapons, bring five of them to C.”

The message is said to have been sent 18 minutes before he ploughed a 19-tonne lorry into holiday crowds, killing 84 people….

Seven people including a woman were in custody on Sunday night after the arrests earlier in the day of an Albanian couple suspected of aiding Bouhlel, described by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (Isil) as one its “soldiers”.

He sent a flurry of texts shortly before the attack. Another one, saying “I’ve got the material”, was sent to one of the men in custody, whose identities have not been made public.

Just a crzay lone wolf who reached out to others for help and scouted the location?

ISIS took credit for the attack and called Bouhlel one of it’s soldiers, though it’s hard to know if that is just opportunism:

The ISIS announcement claiming that Mohamed Bouhlel was one of its soldiers came via the Amaq News Agency, the Syrian organization affiliated with the Islamic State.

“The man behind the running-over operation in Nice, France, is a soldier from the Islamic State, and he carried out the attack to answer the calls for targeting the nationals of countries in the coalition that is fighting Islamic State,” said the ISIS statement.

Bouhlel’s uncle says Bouhlel was recruited by Algerian ISIS:

The uncle of the truck driver who killed 84 people on the French Riviera says his nephew was indoctrinated about two weeks ago by an Algerian member of the Islamic State group in Nice.

French officials could not confirm Monday that attacker Mohamed Lahouaiyej Bouhlel had been approached by an Algerian recruiter, saying that the investigation is ongoing.

There’s some more strange s–t coming out about Bouhlel. The Independent in Britain reports:

The truck driver responsible for killing 84 people on Nice’s waterfront watched Isis beheadings online and dated a 73-year-old man, it has emerged….

French media have reported that Bouhlel’s mobile phone records show he used dating websites to meet men and women – including a 73-year-old man.

The device was picked up by police officers at the scene from the lorry’s cabin after he was shot dead.

Police say the phone is proving more important to the investigation than the seven suspects in custody for their links to Bouhlel….

Bouhlel’s rapid radicalisation has puzzled investigators as friends and family said he had not been an observant Muslim in the past.

Despite Isis having claimed the attack, Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve told RTL radio Bouhlel may have been motivated by IS messages but not necessarily coordinating with a larger network.

Despite all this new evidence, NBC News want to to remember No Sign Driver Was Tied to Terrorist Networks:

… French officials have described the bloodbath as a terror attack, with Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve saying over the weekend that it appeared Boulel had been “recently” radicalized.

However, he told the RTL radio station on Monday that links between the attacker and any terror networks “for now have not been established” by the investigation.

He stressed that the investigation was “moving forward” and that all available resources have been put at the prosecutor’s disposal to assist the probe.

“We can’t exclude that a very unstable and very violent individual, and it seems that this fits his character profile, following a speedy radicalization, got himself involved in this absolutely appalling crime,” he later told journalists.

I guess that’s the new standard — just a crazy lone wolf unless there are proven ties to a “network” — nothing to see here, just move along.