Son of a mailman, eater of tons of food, Ohio Governor John Kasich is expected to suspend his presidential campaign Wednesday:

According to NBC News:

Ohio Gov. John Kasich plans to suspend his run to be the GOP presidential nominee, a senior campaign advisor told NBC News on Wednesday.

He had previously cancelled a planned event in order to make a Wednesday night statement in Ohio.

Kasich was left the only man standing against Donald Trump in the Republican presidential primary race after Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas suspended his run on Tuesday night.

Republican U.S. presidential candidate John Kasich eats a pickle at PJ Bernstein’s Deli Restaurant in New York City, April 16, 2016.
Brendan McDermid | Reuters
Republican U.S. presidential candidate John Kasich eats a pickle at PJ Bernstein’s Deli Restaurant in New York City, April 16, 2016.
Ohio Gov. John Kasich plans to suspend his run to be the GOP presidential nominee, a senior campaign advisor told NBC News on Wednesday.

He had previously cancelled a planned event in order to make a Wednesday night statement in Ohio.

Kasich was left the only man standing against Donald Trump in the Republican presidential primary race after Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas suspended his run on Tuesday night.

Republican presidential candidate, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) walks away after announcing the suspension of his campaign during his election night watch party at the Crowne Plaza Downtown Union Station on May 3, 2016 in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Ted Cruz suspends presidential campaign
Trump won a resounding victory on Tuesday night in Indiana, taking all 57 of the state’s GOP delegates, according to NBC.

In response, Cruz suspended his run, concluding that he had there was no longer a “viable path” to his becoming the Republican standard-bearer in the general election.

“From the beginning I’ve said that I would continue on as long as there was a viable path to victory. Tonight, I’m sorry to say, it appears that path has been foreclosed,” Cruz said during a Tuesday night speech. “The voters chose another path, and so with a heavy heart, but with boundless optimism for the long-term future of our nation, we are suspending our campaign.”
For its part, the Kasich campaign said in a Tuesday evening statement that the Indiana results “are not going to alter” the candidate’s plan.

“Our strategy has been and continues to be one that involves winning the nomination at an open convention,” the Kasich campaign said.

Cruz and Kasich had spearheaded the (now almost assuredly unsuccessful) attempts of some members of the GOP to stop Trump’s roll to the nomination. But that “Never Trump” movement appeared to stall on Tuesday night after Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus said the real estate magnate would be the “presumptive” nominee.

Follow Kemberlee on Twitter @kemberleekaye