Ann Althouse gets deep into the weeds on apologies, and finds that some apologies are more equal than others in the eyes of the Democratic Commisariate (emphasis in original):
Now, I believe in general principles, and I want to know what the general principle is about accepting apologies. I’d like to nail down people like Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Eric Boehlert, because their candidate, Barack Obama, is one of the greatest purveyors of apologies in the history of the world!
There is a difference between heartfelt apology, and a political confession. An apology would not be enough to obtain release from prison, while a confession, which is a political statement that has nothing to do with the heart, held out the possibility of getting one out of prison:
Rush apologized for two words he used, but he has not confessed, so expect the Demagogic reign of terror to continue.
In other apologetic news, which I deeply regret having to present to you:
- They want to kick Rush off of Armed Forces Radio. David Burge has a better plan.
- Georgetown Woman Speaks: An Alternative View. Obviously that “other woman” is racist and sexist.
- Obama to lesser Dems: No cash for you!
- Sandra Fluke, David Gregory and David Friend.
- Secretive nationwide network gives SEIU new organizing muscle.
- The anti-Rush revival revived — and Barack Obama’s petty presidency.
- Stand With Rush, Or Lie Down And Die Alone
- It’s part of a plan to undermine Catholic institutions.
- Romney Urged Obama to Adopt the Individual Health-Care Mandate
- Netanyahu’s dilemma: Does he dare rely on Obama? Would you?