The Democrats not only are throwing Eric Massa under the bus, they are stomping on his head, ripping his heart out, disemboweling him, and then making him go to Canada for treatment.
But let’s rewind a little. Eric Massa was the rock star of the “progressive” wing of the Democratic Party, the Alan Grayson before anyone heard of Alan Grayson, the darling of MSNBC and the nutroots, someone who spoke truth to (the out of) power (Dick Cheney).
To the video tape:
And speaking at Netroots Nation 2009:
And the hoorahs –
- Crooks and Liars, Rep. Eric Massa Smacks Down Dick Cheney–Challenges Him to a Debate: “This was a thing of beauty. Ed Schultz takes a few swings at Dick Cheney himself and brings in Rep. Eric Massa who smacks down Cheney for politicizing the attempted terror attack and says he’ll debate him any time, anywhere, even on Fox News if Cheney won’t appear anywhere else. Just make sure you’re in studio Congressman. They’ll cut your mike if you’re off the set.”
- DownWithTyranny, Will Chickenhawk Jim DeMint Keep Ducking Eric Massa’s Challenge To Debate Him?: “Eric Massa is a man who I do know well and who Blue America endorsed in 2006 and again in 2008. This year the GOP is running a rabid right multimillionaire and disgraceful hypocrite against him, a self-funding Republican caricature. Eric needs our help again and he’s earned it.”
- Bob Cesca’s Awesome Blog, Go Eric Massa! with this comment by Matt Osborne: “Massa was great! As an African American, it really pains me to say that. Just kidding!! Seriously, he had just the right amount of disgust and sheer venom to his arguments that went straight at the hypocricy of the GOP.”
- Nomination for 2010 Support at Firedoglake: “I live in NY-29 and Eric Massa is the real deal. He’s always cuts through the crap and calls it how it is. He’s also continually gone after the tea baggers on television and in a continual schedule of townhall meetings all over our district.”
- David Weigel, Democrats Blame Bush for TSA System Failure: “Massa’s attack on former Vice President Dick Cheney is particularly rough (and true).”
- Blue America Welcomes Eric Massa For A Talk On Afghanistan: “Eric is fired up and full of fight, as always. He loves his job and told me he;s absolutely committed to it…. Today at 3pm PT (6pm back East) Eric will be joining us for a live blogging session at Crooks and Liars.”
- Michelle Malkin catalogues some more of Massa’s antics which were greeted with adoration by the left.
What to make of l’affaire Massa?
Massa hasn’t changed, he just doesn’t serve the progressives’ purpose anymore.