I did it because I’m entitled to burn a jet-load full of fuel, even though:
- I plan to cap industry’s production of carbon emissions regardless of whether it destroys our global competitiveness
- My carbon emission caps will cost consumers thousands of dollars per family in higher energy costs
- I have made independence from foreign oil our nation’s top priority
- I took over the auto industry and will force you to buy itsy-bitsy cars
- I hated it when auto executives took private planes to Washington, those pigs
- We all need to cut back in these hard times
You see, I’m just like that. And there’s nothing you can do about it.
Correction: I’m sorry. I made a mistake. I actually burned three jet-loads of fuel. I forgot about the two planes full of commoners with things in their ears who talk into their sleeves, who follow me everywhere I go.
Related Post: Those Other “Unfortunate” Words