CNN’s 7 a.m. ET hour today began with a news montage. Have a look, and see if you don’t agree that the hit parade of horribles for the Trump administration could just about as easily have been put together by the DNC as by CNN. Here’s what was included:
- McCain calls out Trump to provide evidence of wiretapping.
- Dem Rep. Adam Schiff saying there’d be an open hearing; an unidentified voice saying “we’re going to ask, is there any truth to this.”
- Kellyanne saying “the president has asked for the investigation into surveillance to be included.”
- Voice: “former campaign adviser Roger Stone admits to a private Twitter exchange between him and Guccifer 2.0”
- Unidentified voice: “this is undercutting the Trump agenda.”
- Bernie rails against Obamacare reform, claiming 10-15 million people will lose coverage.
- Clip of Paul Ryan saying: “I can’t answer that question.”
- Rand Paul saying of Paul Ryan “his way or the highway.”
- Ryan saying “you get it if you want it. That’s freedom.” The image is of a crowded waiting room.
- Voice of Chris Cuomo: “legal challenges to President Trump’s travel ban, mounting.”
- Unidentified Trump opponent: “our biggest objection to the new executive order is it’s still like the first.”
In virtually any given week during the Obama administration, CNN could have put a similarly negative pastiche. Anyone remember the network doing it?DONATE
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.