Debating the Real Issues Week in Education
Your weekly report on education news.
Saturday, April 1, 2023 at 08:00am 1 Comment
An important discussion is taking place this coming week.
- Debate Over Abolishing DEI Programs to be Held at MIT
- DEI Deans at MIT Refuse to Participate in Debate About DEI Policies
Progressive activists know who is served by these policies.
- Students at U. Texas Arlington March to Protect DEI Programs
- Godwin’s Law Goes Woke: UT-Austin Prof Says Objecting To Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Is “Modern Day Lynching”
Careers are made and ended over this issue.
Perhaps a debate on free speech should happen next.
- Wayne State U. Prof Placed on Leave After Suggesting Conservative Campus Speakers Should be Killed Not Shouted Down
- Violent Antifa-Style Protest Shuts Down Pro-Life Student Meeting at Virginia Commonwealth University
Every conservative is somehow a problem.
- George Mason U. Students Launch Petition to Drop Glenn Youngkin as Commencement Speaker
- Faculty and Students at Washington and Lee U. ‘Sign Petition Against Matt Walsh Appearance’
Compare and contrast.
- Have Law Schools Abandoned Free Speech?
- Law School at UPenn and Others Embracing ‘Activist-Oriented Approach’ to Legal Profession
Is this a regular thing now?
These name changes are about power.
- George Washington University Dropping ‘Colonials’ Nickname for Athletic Teams
- Middlebury College Sued for Removing Name of Former VT Governor From Chapel
Transparency is a bad thing now?
This is not normal.
Sure looks that way.
Paging Mr. Orwell.
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.
We on the right should do our best to egg this on. Treat it like a proxy war, first encouraging one side and then the other.