Put on those dancing boots and make us proud
Keeping with all things 2016, former Texas Governor and two-time Presidential contender, Rick Perry, is joining ABC’s upcoming season of ‘Dancing With the Stars’.
Perry will be joined by Vanilla Ice and Olympian Ryan Lochte.
After weeks of speculation, the network confirmed that Olympic gold medalists Ryan Lochte and Laurie Hernandez will be joining the reality competition. The star-studded cast also includes model-turned-talk-show-host Amber Rose, former Texas governor and presidential candidate Rick Perry, “Brady Bunch” star Maureen McCormick, and rapper Vanilla Ice. The entire cast was unveiled Tuesday on “Good Morning America.”
Other celebrity contestants include singer Kenneth “Babyface” Edmonds, “The Fosters” alum Jake T. Austin, actress Marilu Henner, “Little Women LA” star Terra Jolé, country singer Jana Kramer, ex-Detroit Lions wide receiver Calvin Johnson, and race car driver James Hinchcliffe.
Erin Andrews and Tom Bergeron will return to host, along with judges Len Goodman, Bruno Tonioli, Carrie Ann Inaba, and Julianne Hough, who is back after a season hiatus, as Variety previously reported. Pro dancers Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy, and Cheryl Burke also return.
The full list of contestants and their dancing partners:
1. Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Amber Rose
2. Valentin Chmerkovskiy and Laurie Hernandez
3. Artem Chigvintsev and Maureen McCormick
4. Sasha Farber and Terra Jole
5. Derek Hough and Marilu Henner
6. Witney Carson and Vanilla Ice
7. Lindsay Arnold and Calvin Johnson
8. Jenna Johnson and Jake T. Austin
9. Allison Holker and Babyface
10. Sharna Burgess and James Hinchcliffe
11. Emma Slater and Rick Perry
12. Cheryl Burke and Ryan Lochte
13. Gleb Savchenko and Jana Kramer
Early Tuesday morning, Perry tweeted his plans to use the ‘Dancing With the Stars’ platform to promote veterans issues:
— Rick Perry (@GovernorPerry) August 30, 2016
This isn’t the first time I’ve blogged about Governor Perry’s dancing. He’s been known to cut a Hanukkah rug.
Follow Kemberlee on Twitter @kemberleekayeDONATE
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.