The machete murder of British soldier Lee Rigby on the open street by Islamic terrorists garnered widespread media attention in the U.S. at the time.

Leslie wrote about the case last May, My Memorial Day Tribute to Self Defense, and we featured British newspaper front pages:

Daily Mirror Cover - Machete Terror Attack

The ongoing trial of the murderers, however, has not received much attention in the U.S. media.  Here are some updates from British media.

From The Telegraph, Lee Rigby killers drove around Woolwich barracks looking for soldiers to kill, court hears:

Soldier Lee Rigby’s killers drove around his Woolwich barracks for up to an hour looking for soldiers to kill before they targeted him, the Old Bailey heard.

The blue Vauxhall Tigra Michael Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale were in was captured on CCTV driving up and down Artillery Place from 1.30pm.

The Fusilier was murdered around 2.30pm on May 22.

The court heard the pair even bought a parking ticket half an hour before the killing and a copy of the £1 ticket, which was due to expire at 2.53pm, was shown to the jury.

But by that time the car had crashed into a road sign after being used as a weapon to mow Mr Rigby down.

The 25-year-old was then hacked to death with knives and a meat cleaver so viciously he was almost decapitated before his lifeless body was dragged into the middle of the road.

From the BBC, Lee Rigby trial: Man pleaded ‘do not kill’ soldier

The court heard from a number of witnesses during the afternoon, who also gave details of the knife attack on Fusilier Rigby.

Gill Hucks said in her statement that she had been “shaking and very upset” at what she had witnessed.

She said she had seen one of the accused men “playing to the cameras” in the aftermath of the attack.

That view was echoed by Cheralee Armstrong, who told the court one of the accused men – who the prosecution say was Mr Adebolajo – had been “almost showing off” following the attack.