A lot of polls today showing Newt weakening substantially, and he’s finally doing a major media buy in Iowa starting with this ad, and launching a 44-stop bus tour. I don’t think it’s too late, but it is late.
- Would Michele Bachmann be in second place if she were a man? I don’t think so.
- Who coulda seen this coming: Payroll extension approved by Senate unworkable says payroll accounting group.
- Who coulda seen this coming: Scott Brown angry at House GOP for being too tough.
- Who coulda seen this coming: Iraq already falling apart.
- I hate it when I agree with an E.J. Dionne analysis, here of the Republican primary: “It is one of the true delights of a bizarrely entertaining Republican presidential contest to watch the apoplectic fear and loathing of so many GOP establishmentarians toward Newt Gingrich.”
- Romney’s PAC “Free & Strong America” gave Gov. Haley $62k during her 2010 race. Gingrich PAC gave $3,500.
- Various bloggers are endorsing Perry today: Ace, several at Redstate including Moe Lane and Dan McLaughlin. I have nothing against Perry; I’m just not seeing it yet.
Another video from 2008 of Michele Bachmann praising Newt (prior video here):